Jan 3, 2014

2014!

Hello dear readers, first thing first,
we had officially began the year of 2014! Happy New Year!
I've send my words to friends and family, and  I am here now wishing you to have a great year ahead and may all your wishes and new year resolution would come true yea! 

I wonder how you all had welcoming the new year arrival? For me I've joined my bunch of friends BBQ+Potluck+Countdown as last year. It's amazing that we had more people in da house this year as you can see! Haha luckily we fitted in the camera shots, LOL! Kidding, I really like to have a bunch of people to say goodbye to year 2013 so that my year end with no regret! 
#OOTD for countdown.



Okay, maybe some party idea for you if you plan to have a party next time? 
We had a potluck party last year and everyone of us brought a dish to the house. However, we ended up couldn't finish all the food and had left them to the host to makan, lol quite pity him. So, if you plan to do potluck with those dish like meehoon, curry chicken, fried rice, finger snacks, and some desserts, just remember not to cook too much and try to estimate after checking how many people and what dishes others would bring. This should help a lot for not wasting the good food after party. ;)

Back to this year party, we had planned to do BBQ and some of us bring potluck to avoid being too boring nor too much food. I was so excited for the BBQ part as the last time I've joined a BBQ party was like two or three years ago with them. After confirming that we would have BBQ I've search the internet for some ideas of food instead of just meat. 

So here's the final ingredients for BBQ: 
Chicken Wings (vry main stream but nice so it's a must! haha), 
meatballs and sausages (thumbs up for the cheeziee sausages! Yum!), 
Sago desserts 
and the others I've recommended after did some "survey" on net..
pineapples, 
marshmallows 
and sweet potatoes. 

Hmm the marshmallows actually also recommended by my fellow friends..who doesn't love marshmallow? Hehe..
Then, I was so free as it's holiday so decided to join other three friends to "Pasar" the morning market and CS brothers after that for the ingredients shopping date lol! Met with them and we bought the ingredients like a chef ahahaha! So much fun especially when Shin and I saw a huge pack of marshmallow!! We were so happy for no reason then fastx2 grab a pack! Luckily, we also never forgot other side ingredients like honeydew, vanilla ice-cream and sago for the sago ice-cream dessert, honey and marinade powder for the smoky chicken wings. What a nice morning to shop with friends and others uncle auntie watching us like why this four teenagers come play play ah? xD Oh yea, we also had a breakfast in Kopitiam which never happen in my life for Nyears already. Oppsss...I should wake up early more often to have breakfast outside next time. :P

Now move on to the party! We had added in a present exchange part less than 1 week before to bring more fun to the event. I was thinking what to buy and actually got 0% idea in my head but I just Whroom..Whroom...to the Pavilion area walk around. What happened? I ended up shopping in H&M without getting any pressiess.. ;( Changed my location back to Leisure Mall after I bought some clothes from the city. Then only I bought the pressie..not to keep secret la as it already exchanged and given to my friend, I want something that can suit from kids to adults, from boy to girl sooo I bought a pendrive with slightly over the budget. I think it's good as everyone of us need more "Space" in the computer lol what I'm talking...anyway, yea a Pendrive! DIY wrapped well~ ;)






The guys were so rajin to build up the fire on la night and BBQ for the girls...(*Clapsss plsss) So most of us the girls just makan at the beginning, but funny things happened when we found out the chicken wings were half cooked and meaning the other part still raw..LOL! Hmm..not much to complain as we eat without doing much thing. Then more and more people arrived while we busy discussing about the uncooked chicken and more food to eat. Till then, we girls finally started to cook! That's is all for the cute marshmallow with chocolate...haha! We were cooking the marshmallow to melt it's inner part, then quickly dip it in the "melted cadbury chocolate fountain", next second, be amazed by the awesomely delicious desserts! Not to forgot the Sago ice-cream was my favourite too! Besides, Chef.Chen brought a salad which totally stimulate our appetite! Main dishes were pineapple fried rice, meehoon, curry vege, and more. 





Next after we filled our tummy with food was the present exchange! We had learnt the game from "康熙來了" a Taiwanese TV show that each of us grab a rope end after messing up the rope together. Then we slowly pull the rope, turn and twist to find who is the one holding the other end of the same rope. That's the two persons who gonna exchange presents to each other! It was extremely fun when there's actually a very special "definitely out of main stream" present that everyone would fear to get from haha! Guess what? I was the one who gonna exchange that present! Well I was totally not angry but just speechless why I was being so lucky at that moment..then there's another friend end up does not pair up. So we came out this 1st 2nd 3rd prize idea again to evenly exchange present to everyone. At last, my 1st prize was changed to another friend..and I got myself a H&M gift card! Oh well! I am lucky to get as it definitely so useful to me~ :DD
Another cards game after that...till 5mins before 2014!






We rushed to the outdoor and had a view for the fireworks! Screamed out loud 5...4....3...2....1.Happy New Year!!!!! Officially stepped in 20th for our generation!







Peace for another New Year! Ready for a list of new year resolutions NOW!  Happy 2014, Rock it ON!

Photobucket Leave me comments~

1 comment:

Xin A Day said...

So enjoy for your new year party :)
http://xin-xinshenghuo.blogspot.com