May 10, 2016

Escape to Urban

I don't know why it took me so long until this year to find out
 about this cool event happening in KL every year.

It's an artistic urban event, Malaysia's Creative Arts Festival- Urbanscapes 2016.

Okay probably because this year poster was too attractive for me to check it out!
Or, the Pop Up Artistic box located on the LRT station where I will pass by every weekdays?
Photo credit to Time Out. com
(*Most LRT station have this box with different art design, if you notice.)

Surprisingly less people actually stop by and take photo in these boxes, 
(What social media had changed us homo sapiens so far.)
Maybe people can't pretend there's only him/herself in the world 
while it was a super busy traffic flowing train station. For example, me. Haha.

Ok.

What is Urbanscapes?
It was founded since Year 2002 (so many years ago!), 
playing role as one of the longest-running creative arts festival in Malaysia. 
This event was initially aiming to gather Malaysian creative communities from every art related fields 
e.g: music, arts, design, film etc, which now turn into one of best event around the world. 

Our community-centric festival is built on the belief that great things happen when people come together.
--Message from the Urbanscapes committee.

To sum up, Urbanscapes is a cool event which will spoon-feed you for a full day of music, arts, design, film and fun at the festival! 

Here is the timetable which I got on the day I went to Urbanscapes House.
blog.traveloka.com
I went on 6th May, which was a usual day in their schedule, only exhibition-cafe-and a night live band was happening.
I still remember the guy assist me on the register counter, he show me this schedule and hand cover up the whole page on the left, 
saying: these all unavailable, because too late liao, already passed.Hahaha wokey~
 I knew that I missed out a lotss of fun when I was busy working, but nevermind.
I almost gonna tell him, I was actually here to see the neon light underground because it will be so cool if I got to take picture in there! Heh.

Then I explore the little Urban House with my photographer in crime, my mom ;) 

Went up Level 1 for the [Cannot Be Bo(a)rdered] exhibition at first.
(I was sooo glad I chose to go up rather down first because this area had good air-conditioned 
for a hot baby (Me) after a walk from Masjid Jamek LRT station.)

It was a skateboard exhibition with many artistic skateboards.
People write on, draw on the boards,
 



 or even glue on to be a sculpture or a windmill!
So good to look at.

Samurai Warrior! Somehow, tribal.

Click in below for a windmill chill. :)

Some extra: 

Made me hungry. :p


Love this color combination.

Walking down to B1 Underground. Ready?

OMG What is this?!Hahaha my photographer literally got scared by this view once stepped in.

But wait, it was actually creepily cool!



Camoflage into the space.

Find me in between the neon light.





This wall was a Fab! 


I remember when I was a little younger, I wish I own this type of "messy" wall.
Well, I guess I don't have to now because I found it in here underground of Urbanscapes House.

And another extra:
In another room underground.






Some of the things we see, we read, we heard in this country. 
You will understand, if you are a Malaysian.

The Urbanscapes 2016 had wrapping up with a closing party on 8th May, Mother's Day.
So, let's stay tune for the next!

#ArtisLove

Laven.L

No comments: